Richard Baxter is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Commercial practice in Oman with a focus on corporate transactions and structuring. Richard is also a member of the Education group. Richard also assists clients with the non-litigious disposal of significant contract disputes including those arising out of employment relationships.
Richard is an English qualified solicitor. Richard has over 20 years of experience, as lead advisor, assisting clients in the successful completion of domestic and cross-border M&A, capital markets, private equity and corporate finance transactions and joint ventures.
Richard also advises in respect of complex operational and commercial contract matters, including: intellectual property protection and exploitation; franchising; commercial agency and distributorship; and competition and anti-trust issues.
Richard acts for both international and local clients who are active in most sectors of the economy including banking, professional services, financial services, manufacturing, engineering, retail, healthcare, media, natural resources and technology.
- Acquisition by Majid Al Futtaim Group/VOX Cinemas of 80% shareholding in Oman Arab Cinema LLC including complex real property arrangements and competition law clearance;
- Acquisition by BRF GmBH of 60% shareholding in Al Khan Food Stuff LLC and associated competition law clearance in respect of potential economic concentration;
- Acquisition of Cosworth from Audi by Mahle;
- Acquisition of assets of LDV (Leyland DAF Vans) from its administrator and sale on to SAIC;
- Reverse takeover of Summit Resources plc to establish Atlantic Coal plc on AIM
1997 – Legal Practice Course, Staffordshire University
1994 – Post Graduate Diploma in Law, University of Westminster
1991 – History BA (hons), University of London
1999 – Roll of Solicitors of The Law Society of England and Wales