Richard is an English qualified solicitor with over 20 years’ experience assisting local, regional and multinational clients in various sectors including financial services, professional services, manufacturing, engineering, education, hospitality and tourism, real estate, retail, healthcare, media, energy and natural resources and technology.
Richard leads on corporate transactions and restructuring matters, particularly in domestic and cross-border M&A, joint venture and privatisation contexts and regularly provides complex operational and commercial contract advice, including matters relating to consumer protection, intellectual property protection and exploitation, franchising, commercial agency and distributorship and competition and anti-trust issues. Richard also assists clients with the non-litigious disposal of significant contract and commercial disputes as well as labour law matters.
- Advising on the acquisition by Majid Al Futtaim Group/VOX Cinemas of 80% shareholding in Oman Arab Cinema LLC including complex real property arrangements and competition law clearance.
- Advising on the acquisition by BRF GmBH of 60% shareholding in Al Khan Food Stuff LLC and associated competition law clearance in respect of potential economic concentration.
- Advising on the acquisition of Cosworth from Audi by Mahle.
- Advising on the acquisition of assets of Leyland DAF Vans from its administrator and sale on to SAIC.
- Advising on the reverse takeover of Summit Resources plc to establish Atlantic Coal plc on AIM.
1997 – Legal Practice Course, Staffordshire University
1994 – Post Graduate Diploma in Law, University of Westminster
1991 – History BA (hons), University of London
1999 – Roll of Solicitors of The Law Society of England and Wales