Omar Alawadhi is a Senior Associate in the regional Financial Crime Department. He has experience in representing government owned corporations, financial institutions and extensive knowledge in the UAE legal system.
Omar has worked on internal investigations and cases before the Public Prosecution, Police, and Customs in coordination with local and international law enforcement authorities, including INTERPOL. He also has experience in the civil enforcement provision arising from criminal matters.
Omar represents clients before the UAE courts and specialises in advising clients on a broad range of financial crime issues such as but not limited to fraud, cybercrimes, and money laundering matters.
- Representing a major government entity in the UAE in a fraud case;
- Advising an International Corporation in a criminal case relating to embezzlement of Public funds and fraud case;
- Advising and acting on behalf many clients from the private and public sectors;
- Leading an investigation on behalf of a major international entity with the Customs to claim goods;
- Advising a Government Authority on outstanding recovery in relation to embezzlement of Public funds;
- Advising and acting on behalf of a multinational company for cases relating to fraud, bribery, and money laundering.
2017 – Masters in Private Law, CUCA
2012 – Bachelor of Law, Ajman University
2012 – United Arab Emirates