Mohannad is a Partner at the Corporate & Commercial Department in Jordan office of Al Tamimi & Company.
Mohannad has an extensive experience in corporate law, including corporate organization, restructuring and re-domiciling, capital restructuring, liquidation and transfer of shares and corporate governance matters and in concluding complex transactions and drafting related documents and agreements;
He is also highly experienced in public and private M&A, PPP projects, financing transactions, banking, debt restructuring, real estate investment and foreign investment, in addition to merger and acquisition transactions of all sizes and degrees of complexity.
Also, he is well experienced in advising private and public sector stakeholders on trade and economic policy reform and legislative drafting and advocacy in a wide range of industries including energy, tourism and real estate development;
Mohannad has been recognized for several years as a Leading Lawyer by Chambers & Partners, IFLR and Legal 500.
- Acted as the leading lawyer in advising Philip Morris International in an asset purchase transaction of one of the major producers of tobacco in Jordan, the International Tobacco Cigarettes Company. The scope of work entails conducting comprehensive legal Due Diligence, drafting and negotiating the Acquisition Agreement on behalf of the buyer and dealing with all post-completion requirements.
- Acted as the leading lawyer in advising and representing the shareholders of a major food processing company “Al Nabil Food Industries LLC” in connection with their disposal of a significant minority interest in the Company. The scope of work entails conducting Vendor Due Diligence, drafting and negotiating on behalf of the sellers the Shares Acquisition Agreement, finalizing the competition clearance process and executing the transaction before the competent authorities in Jordan.
- Advised a group of lenders (local and foreign banks) on the restructuring and settlement of debt owed by a public shareholding company incorporated in Jordan. The related scope of work entails drafting and negotiating on behalf of the group lenders of all necessary transaction documentations including the security package thereof.
- Advised a major oil company i.e. Total Jordan on its bid to obtain “Oil Marketing Licenses” in Jordan, including specific advisory in relation to the RFP, the agreements to be concluded between the Jordanian Ministry of Energy & Mineral Resources and the successful bidder and other bid related documents. The mandate entailed advising on all risks and restrictions under the relevant laws and regulations in Jordan relating to the privatization of Jordan’s downstream petroleum sector;
- Conducted legal due diligence and drafting and negotiating legal documents in relation to the “Aqaba Oil Terminal Project”. The Project involved a contractual arrangement between the Aqaba Development Corporation, the Aqaba Oil Corporation and the Government of Jordan in relation to (i) the refurbishment, expansion and financing of the existing oil jetty; (ii) the construction of new storage tanks facilities at the Port of Aqaba in conformity with the industry best practices; and (iii) regulating the handling and distribution of crude oil and other oil products through the Aqaba Marine Terminal;
- Acted as the leading lawyer in advising Microsoft in the preparation and consummation of the acquisition of Nokia’s Devices & Services in Jordan. The scope of works entails providing Microsoft with all the required regulatory approvals, negotiation and drafting of all relevant legal agreements and documents pertaining to the successful conclusion of the acquisition.
- Acted as the leading lawyer in advising Aramex International; a publicly held company traded on the London Stock Exchange, in a bid to purchase 51 percent of the shares of the Jordan Post Company the owner and operator of the Jordanian postal service.
- Advised the winning consortium of the Site Selection Work stage of the Nuclear Power Plant Project, including advising on all local law, drafting and negotiating the contract with the Jordan Atomic Energy Commission.
- Negotiated and drafted the Master Development Agreements between the Development Zones Commission and the Master Developers for most of the Development Zones such as King Hussein Development Zone and Mafraq Development Zone.
- Advised the Jordanian Development Zones Commission on the creation and establishment of the Dead Sea Development Corporation and the Ajloun Development Corporation.
- Advised a wide base of private clients on various local law matters including (i) labour, social security and employment share schemes; (ii) restructuring, capital increase structured rescheduling of liabilities and financial transactions (iii) shareholders agreements, corporate bonds and implementation of put and call options; and (iv) tax related issues.
1992 – BA, University of Jordan
1992 – Jordan Bar Association