Mohamed Khodeir is a Corporate Commercial Partner at Al Tamimi & Company who is overseeing expansion of the corporate commercial practice across the region. Mohamed has been involved in the firm’s regional expansion, previously managing two of Al Tamimi’s largest offices outside the UAE.
Mohamed was the former CEO of the General Authority for Investment and Free Zones (“GAFI”) in Egypt and has had a diverse legal background in multiple areas of law including; corporate, banking & finance, dispute settlement, government projects, legislation, investment and tax as well as family business. He has worked with government bodies on mega projects such as railways and telecommunication networks as well as being involved on major international transactions acting as local counsel and managing cross-border deals. Mohamed has practiced law in four jurisdictions including Egypt and the UAE. The accumulated deals and projects Mohamed has been involved in, are valued in excess of USD $50 billion.
Mohamed has been continually recognised for his legal work. In 2015 – 2019, he was consequently recognised by IFLR1000 as one of the leading lawyers. In 2010, 2009 and 2008, Mohamed was selected in the Asian Law Leading Lawyers Survey in recognition of his work in the area of ‘General Corporate Practice’.
He is a qualified lawyer before Egyptian courts and a qualified legal consultant in Qatar. He holds an LLM degree in international Business Law from Leiden University, the Netherlands.
- Acquisition of a major Beverage Company.
- Listing of a major telecom operator.
- Acquisition of a few major banks and finance companies.
- Acquisition of the largest film library in the Middle East.
- Acquisition of business in numerous sections including industrial, transportation, telecom, hospitality and healthcare.
- Advising on the merger of a stock exchange.
- Several of the landmark IPO’s in the region.
- Advising on a major railway project in the region.
- Advised on major settlement arrangements between major groups.
- Structuring and restructuring pf business for major Pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas, Healthcare, Educational, Industrial, Automotive, Finance, Investment Banking, Telecom, Agribusiness.
- Advised on regulatory requirements and governance for a variety of businesses.
- Advised on landmark family business restructurings.
Courses and Certificates:
- Private International Law program, The Hague Academy, 2001, the Netherlands.
- Diploma on International Business Law from the University of Muenster under the auspices of German Arab Chamber of Industry and Commerce 2001.
- Diploma on Alternative Dispute Resolution from the University of Muenster under the auspices of German Arab Chamber of Industry and Commerce 2001.
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrator Programme at the Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration 2017.
- Leading Global Business Program – Harvard Business School – 2018.
- Egypt 2016: How can we improve the investment environment?
- GAFI reform plan with popular host Osama Kamal
- Why adopt a new Investment Law and what can it offer?
- Key incentives under the New Investment Law
- Highlighting Stakeholders Debate
- Speech to Egypt’s Scientists Conference
- Interview on how to boost Investment in Egypt
- Press Conference explaining the pillars of the New Investment Law
1999 – LLB English Section, Cairo University
LLM (International Business Law), Leiden University
Member of the Egyptian Bar Association