Mohamed Gabr is a Partner and the Head of Corporate Commercial practice in Egypt.
Mohamed has extensive experience in M&A and capital markets transactions. He has advised various local and international clients on transaction documents, deal negotiations and due diligence in the context of mergers and acquisitions involving public and private companies. He has recently handled significant acquisition deals ranging between medium to large transactions; from 20 Million EGP to 3 Billion EGP.
- Advising Infinity Energy S.A.E. on the joint venture with Masdar (a subsidiary of Mubadala).
- Advising the founders of Masria Digital Payments (previously Masria Card) on the minority acquisition by AfricInvest.
- Advising the Abdel Rahim Family, the founders and co-owners of Döhler Egypt for Manufacturing Natural Food and Beverage Ingredients S.A.E. on the sale of their stake in the company to Continental Fruit B.V., a subsidiary of Döhler.
- Advising Pharos Holding for Financial Investments on the sale of its stake in Pharos Securities Brokerage to Al Ahly Capital Holding, the investment arm of the National Bank of Egypt.
- Acting as the local legal counsel of HSBC Bank plc, Investec Bank plc and CI Capital Investment Banking S.A.E., the Underwriters, in relation to the initial public offering (IPO) of the shares of Tenth of Ramadan for Pharmaceutical Industries and Diagnostic Reagents (Rameda) S.A.E. on the Egyptian Exchange (EGX).
- Advising Ezdehar Egypt Mid-Cap Fund Coöperatief U.A on the acquisition of Rich Food for Food Industries S.A.E.
- Advising Uria Menendez Abogados, S.L.P.-C in relation to the acquisition of Ferro Group subsidiaries in Egypt.
- Advising Infinity Energy S.A.E. on the EBRD equity investment in the company through a capital increase.
- Advising Chimera Investments LLC on participating in the private placement of Nutritius Investments Holding for the purpose of acquiring 80% of the share capital of El Mottahedon for Pharmaceuticals, Medical Accessories and Cosmetics Manufacturing S.A.E. (United Pharma).
- Advising EFG Finance Holding & GB Capital in relation to the acquisition of 75% of the share capital of Tokio Marine Egypt Family Takaful (life insurance company) from Tokio Marine Group.
- Advising Al Tayseer International Hospital S.A.E. in relation to the acquisition of a majority stake of the share capital of Hassab Laboratories for Medical Diagnostics S.A.E. from Hassab Laboratories (a Mauritius SPV owned by SAHAM Group).
- Advising Cairo Investment and Real Estate Development (CIRA) on its initial public offering (IPO) on the Egyptian Exchange (EGX).
- Advising Telecom Egypt on its acquisition (via a subsidiary) of 100% of Middle East & North Africa Submarine Cable Systems (MENA Cables), owned by Orascom Telecommunications Media and Technology.
- Co-author of the Egypt Chapter in The Mergers & Acquisitions Review – 11th and 12th Editions
- Author of Egypt Chapter for Lexology Equity Capital Markets Navigator
- Moderator at the Egypt M&A and Private Equity Forum 2018
2011 – M.A. International Relations, American University in Cairo
2008 – L.L.B., Cairo University
2003 – B.A. Economics, American University in Cairo
2008 – Egyptian Bar Association