Mohamed is an Associate in the Arbitration department based in DIFC.
Mohamed has over 7 years of experience in dispute resolution practice. His practice focuses on commercial international and domestic arbitration and litigation.
Mohamed also specialises in trade, commercial, and investment disputes before international tribunals, Egyptian courts and administrative authorities. He has had past experience in disputes involving industries such as aviation, oil and gas, insurance, pharmaceuticals, TMT and WTO antidumping.
In addition to his dispute resolution experience, Mohamed also advises on commercial and civil agreements such as commercial securities, competition laws and procedures, aircrafts lease, licensing agreements, free zones regulations, communication regulations, enforcement of judgments and precautionary attachments, housing lease agreements as well as criminal regulations. Mohamed also provided legal analysis on recently issued Egyptian legislation such as the Egyptian Cybercrimes Law, the Egyptian Media Law and the Egyptian Personal Data Privacy and Protection Bill.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi, Mohamed was employed by several top tier Egyptian international law firms, with particular focus on general corporate and civil matters and commercial arbitration.
- PTTER, a Thai state owned company, on the first BIT claim brought against the Egyptian government before the Egyptian courts.
- Linyi Grene Industry and Trading Co., Lt., a Chinese blankets manufacturer, on the investigation before the Egyptian Anti-Dumping, Subsidy, and Safeguard Department, leading to the reduction of the imposed anti-dumping duties by almost half less than other companies subject of the investigation.
- Waterworks, a global environmental engineering company specializing in water treatment, on a multi-million Egyptian Pound dispute involving the construction of a water treatment facility and breaches of a build-own-operate (BOT) contract.
- MBC &O3, two major regional media companies, on a multi-million-dollar multi-party dispute involving litigation and arbitration under UAE law concerning breaches of a number of licensing and broadcasting agreements.
- Eastern Mediterranean Gas, co-counselling on a number of investment disputes against the Arab Republic of Egypt and various state entities.
- MBC, on a legal analysis of Egyptian privacy and defamation legislation.
- A leading global provider of road technology solutions in its negotiations of a multi-million-dollar contract with the Egyptian Ministry of Transportation.
- Nokia, day-to-day commercial and regulatory activities.
- Jushi Egypt for Fiberglass Industry, day-to-day commercial, investment and regulatory activities. Also in the context of litigation and dispute resolution.
- The recovery of an aircraft unlawfully seized in a foreign state leading to the eventual release of the aircraft.
- Sacmi Imola S.C., international manufacturer of machines and ceramic, on the advice relating to different options regarding creditors’ commercial securities.
2013 – Master’s (LL.M.), Paris Descartes University (Paris 5)
2011 – Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne University
2012 – Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Cairo University
2014 – Egyptian Bar Association