Mohamed is a Senior Associate in Al Tamimi & Company’s Litigation Department specialising in legislative drafting and litigation. He has more than 20 years experience working in both the government and private sector, drafting legislation and contracts and representing these sectors before all courts (civil/administrative/criminal).
Mohamed graduated from university of Khartoum in 1993 and been granted LLB (Honours). He was admitted as an advocate in the Sudanese Bar Association in 1994, and worked as advocate before all types of courts. From 1995 he was appointed as a legal counsel at Ministry of Justice of Sudan (MOJ), in which he acquired experience advising on legislative and administrative matters including drafting contracts, and worked at many MOJ departments including the Legislation and Contracts Departments. Mohamed also worked as a legal advisor for many governmental units including the Sea Ports Corporation, Red Sea State Departments, Giad Industrial City, and Khartoum Stock Exchange, amongst others.
Mohamed was appointed as a prosecutor several times in different types of Attorney’s Prosecution in Sudan such as land offences and consumer protection prosecutions. Recently he worked as a Senior Legal Advisor for Saudi Electricity Company, one of the biggest companies in the Middle East.
- Contribution in drafting of Bills of Laws and By-laws, such as:
- Bill of Consumer Protection Act
- Bill of Khartoum Stock Exchange KSE Act
- Bill of Capital Markets Organization’s Act
- Amendment of Ministry of Justice Organization Act
- Amendment of Criminal and Procedure Acts
- Bill of Companies Act
- Bill of General Prosecution Act
- Many internal regulations of Giad Industrial City and Khartoum Stock Exchange.
- Drafting the Board of Directors and General Manager of KSE Resolutions and Decisions.
- Drafting contracts and agreements
- Legal consultant and advice in different legal issues and disputes.
- Representing various clients before all types of courts.
- Formation, registration and privatisation of Companies.
- Representing governmental units in many permanent or ad hoc legal committees inside or outside the country.
2006 – Master of Laws (LLM), University of Al-Nileen
1993 – LLB, University of Khartoum
1994 – Sudan Bar Association