Mohamed Abdel-Hamed is an Associate in the Corporate Commercial practice in Kuwait
Mohamed is an experienced bilingual corporate lawyer, having gained his expertise from working in Kuwait and across key hubs in the GCC. His expertise ranges in different industry sectors that include oil & gas, real estate, construction, franchising, agencies, new start ups and SME development amongst others. His strategic focus includes companies’ law, commercial law, litigation and arbitration, labour law, civil and criminal law.
Over the course of his career, he has been involved in a wide range of local, regional and international arbitration cases. His work has been featured in international media, specifically on the team representing the K-Dow arbitration case, which was considered one of the biggest oil & gas cases around the world.
- Acted as one of the Kuwait legal team for an American Chemical solution corporation in the K-DOW Arbitration Case against the Kuwaiti Petrochemical Industries Company for the Compensation amount of (US$ 2.17 Billion) that considered one of the biggest Oil & Gas Arbitration Case around the world.
- Acts as Kuwait Legal Counsel for Human & Technologies Corporation (South Korean Construction Company) in the project of the Petroleum Coke Industries Company (PCIC) as one of the largest single kiln Coke Calciner in the world and represented the said company in all its legal matters along with solving the litigation disputes with the sub-contractors of the project.
- Acted as Kuwait Legal Counsel for Sinopec Group that is considered one of the major state-owned petroleum energy and chemicals companies based in China in the field of oil & gas exploration, refining, marketing, production & sales of petrochemical and other petroleum products, in all its legal matters in regards to its establishment & Operation in Kuwait including Labour & Secondment matters.
- Acted as Kuwait Legal Counsel for China Railway Construction Corporation Limited that is state-owned construction enterprise based in China and the second largest construction and engineering company in the world, for all the legal matters in regards to its establishment & Operation in Kuwait.
- Act as Legal Counsel for various Kuwaiti banks in concluding their Security Transactions Documents regarding the Pledges and Assignments Agreements. i.e; CBK, NBK, QNB, Warba Bank, Ahli United Bank.
2006 – Faculty of Law English Department, Alexandria University
2007 – Egypt Bar Association