Lulwa is an associate within the Corporate Commercial Department in the Al Tamimi & Company Kuwait office. She performs commercial advisory work which presently encompasses commercial agreements, agency and distribution agreements, franchise agreements, service and consultancy agreements, regulatory compliance and opinion work. She has recently been involved with various M&A transactions and PPP projects.
In addition to the advisory work, Lulwa works alongside the litigation department and regularly attends court hearings before the Kuwait Courts.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi, Lulwa obtained her LLM in International and Comparative Commercial Law from SOAS, University of London.
- Advised clients on the proper formation of companies or agencies and advising as to the most advantageous structure for each client and venture.
- Advising and negotiating on behalf of major international manufacturers and licensees several agencies, distributorships and franchises within the Kuwaiti market with respect to a variety of products and services, including clothing and accessories, luxury items, food stuffs, electronics, pharmaceuticals, educational services, construction, telecommunications, health related services, information technology and others.
- Advising major international corporations on regulatory matters.
- Carried out several due diligence exercises in relation to various corporate commercial related matters.
- Provided advice on employment related issues and all types of transactional work including employee transfer issues arising from company acquisitions and mergers in the GCC.
- Provided high level and comprehensive advice on the procurement of public private partnership (PPP) projects and public tenders in Kuwait.
2016 – LLM International and Comparative Commercial law, SOAS, University of London
2015 – LLB, University of Greenwich
2016 – Kuwait Bar Association