Lulwa is an associate within the Corporate Commercial Department in the Al Tamimi & Company Kuwait office. She performs commercial advisory work which presently encompasses commercial agreements, agency and distribution agreements, franchise agreements, service and consultancy agreements, regulatory compliance and opinion work. She has recently been involved with various M&A transactions and PPP projects.
In addition to the advisory work, Lulwa works alongside the litigation department and regularly attends court hearings before the Kuwait Courts.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi, Lulwa obtained her LLM in International and Comparative Commercial Law from SOAS, University of London.
- Advised clients on the proper formation of companies or agencies and advising as to the most advantageous structure for each client and venture.
- Advising and negotiating on behalf of major international manufacturers and licensees several agencies, distributorships and franchises within the Kuwaiti market with respect to a variety of products and services, including clothing and accessories, luxury items, food stuffs, electronics, pharmaceuticals, educational services, construction, telecommunications, health related services, information technology and others.
- Advising major international corporations on regulatory matters.
- Carried out several due diligence exercises in relation to various corporate commercial related matters.
- Provided advice on employment related issues and all types of transactional work including employee transfer issues arising from company acquisitions and mergers in the GCC.
- Provided high level and comprehensive advice on the procurement of public private partnership (PPP) projects and public tenders in Kuwait.
- Advised on the proposed listing of certain shares of the parent company of a Kuwaiti entity on the National Stock Exchange of India Limited.
- Advising the Republic of Korea in respect to the project for the development of the Public Authority of Housing Welfare’s new smart town in Kuwait.
- Advising a leading international telecommunications company in respect of local law considerations relating to the proposed launch of a mobile application for third party remittance and mobile top-up service.
- Advising various leading automotive companies in respect of local law considerations relating to the launch of various applications, including the launch of the latest infotainment systems.
2016 – LLM International and Comparative Commercial law, SOAS, University of London
2015 – LLB, University of Greenwich
2016 – Kuwait Bar Association