Laila El Shentenawi is a qualified Lawyer in Egypt and a Senior Associate in Al Tamimi & Company’s Arbitration & Dispute Resolution team. She is also a member of Al Tamimi’s Sports Law Group.
Laila’s practice focuses on international commercial arbitration, investment arbitration, mediation and sports dispute resolution. Her clients include governments, regional organisations, international organisations, multi-national companies, banks, investors, international athletes and sports bodies. She worked with different arbitration rules including the ADCCAC, CRCICA, DIAC, DIFC-LCIA, ICC, ICSID, LCIA, SCC and the UNCITRAL.
Laila is a CEDR accredited mediator; she is a listed mediator with the CRCICA as well as the Investors Dispute Resolution Center affiliated to the General Authority for Investment and Free Zones in Egypt (GAFI). She is a visiting lecturer at Middlesex University, an external CEDR Faculty and regularly leads seminars on Arbitration, Mediation and Negotiation.
Laila also holds several positions including:
- Member of the ICC Arab Arbitration Group;
- Member of the DIFC-LCIA Working Group advising on the DIFC-LCIA Arbitration and Mediation Rules;
- Middle East and Africa Representative for the IBA Mediation Committee;
- UAE Representative for the IBA Arbitration Subcommittee on the Recognition and Enforcement of Awards; and
- Co-Chair for the IBA Mediation Subcommittee for Young Mediators.
2007 – Master in Law and Business MLB, Bucerius Law School and WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management
2005 – International Commercial Arbitration Certificate, Queen Mary University of London
2004 – LLB Degree, Faculty of Law, English Department, Cairo University
2004 – Egypt Bar