Kathryn has over 10 years’ experience of corporate and investment funds and advises a broad range of financial institutions, investment and asset managers, both institutional and start-up, on the formation and ongoing legal and regulatory obligations of hedge, private equity and real estate funds. Kathryn also has experience across a wide range of general corporate matters, including downstream investments, joint ventures, fund reorganisations, dissolutions and capital markets.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company, Kathryn was working in the Hong Kong and Singapore offices for two leading offshore law firms, advising Asian fund managers on Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands investment fund structures.
- Advised a large Singapore based fund manager on its fourth and fifth Cayman Islands private equity fund of funds both of which raised commitments in excess of US$1 billion.
- Assisted a large Chinese based asset manager with approximately US$120 billion assets under management on the formation of its Cayman Islands segregated portfolio company and two segregated portfolios.
- Advised a Chinese based investment manager on the formation of a British Virgin Islands incubator fund investing in cryptocurrency and blockchain enterprises.
- Established a number of segregated portfolios for a leading Asian real estate asset manager and provided ongoing Cayman Islands advice to the segregated portfolio company with respect to its segregated portfolios and their downstream investments in the UK property market.
- Assisted a Malaysian based manager with the listing of its Cayman Islands exempted company on the National Stock Exchange of Australia.
- Advised on the incorporation, registration, launch and ongoing obligations of stand-alone and master/feeder structured hedge funds, segregated portfolio companies, private equity funds, exempted limited partnership and investment managers.
2005 – Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law, York
2004 – Bachelors of Law, University of Sheffield
2007 – England & Wales, Solicitor