Kathryn has over 10 years’ experience of corporate and investment funds and advises a broad range of financial institutions, investment and asset managers, both institutional and start-up, on the formation and ongoing legal and regulatory obligations of hedge, private equity and real estate funds. Kathryn also has experience across a wide range of general corporate matters, including downstream investments, joint ventures, fund reorganisations, dissolutions and capital markets.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company, Kathryn was working in the Hong Kong and Singapore offices of two leading offshore law firms, advising Asian fund managers on Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands investment fund structures.
- Advising on the establishment of DIFC and ADGM domiciled funds.
- Advising on the cross border promotion of investment funds within the UAE, DIFC and ADGM.
- Advising a leading Singaporean fund manager on its fourth and fifth Cayman Islands private equity fund of funds both of which raised commitments in excess of US$1 billion.
- Assisting one of the largest Chinese institutional asset managers with approximately US$120 billion assets under management on the formation and launch of its Cayman Islands segregated portfolio company and two segregated portfolios.
- Advising a Chinese investment manager on the formation of a British Virgin Islands incubator fund investing in cryptocurrency and blockchain enterprises.
- Establishing a number of segregated portfolios for a leading Asian real estate asset manager and provided ongoing Cayman Islands advice on the portfolios and their downstream investments in the UK property market.
- Assisting a Malaysian manager with the listing of its Cayman Islands exempted company on the National Stock Exchange of Australia.
- Advising on the incorporation, registration, launch and ongoing obligations of stand-alone and master/feeder structured hedge funds, segregated portfolio companies, private equity funds and investment managers.
2005 – Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law, York
2004 – Bachelors of Law, University of Sheffield
2007 – England & Wales, Solicitor