Julie Bassi is a Senior Associate in the Jeddah office and has extensive experience in a wide range of commercial and corporate matters across multiple jurisdictions. She was previously General Counsel for a Singapore listed hotel chain looking after its legal affairs within the UK and the Far East.
Julie has carried out work on mergers and acquisitions, complex cross border transactions, restructuring and corporate investigations. She has assisted foreign and domestic entities in their interests within Saudi Arabia, providing appropriate advice to support their corporate strategy.
- Advising on the impact of a proposed initial public offering of an Indian entity in relation to its Saudi Arabian interests;
- Advising on the impact of a proposed initial public offering of a UAE owned entity on the London Stock Exchange and the Dubai Financial Markets in relation to its Saudi Arabian interests;
- Advised a NASDAQ listed entity in relation to the proposed established of a joint venture entity in Saudi Arabia;
- Advised on the worldwide sale and restructure of the infrastructure division of a US listed entity in regard to its Saudi Arabian interests;
- Advised International Aramoon International Co Ltd in relation to the establishment of a joint venture in Saudi Arabia with National Water Company and a Spanish Consortium;
- Advised Nokia on its sale of its mobile phone division to Microsoft in regard to its Saudi Arabian interests;
- Advised Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc. (a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc.) in relation to establishment of a joint venture in Saudi Arabia related to the railways industry;
- Advising on the set up of non GCC owned and GCC owned entities within Saudi Arabia;
- Advising on joint venture structures within Saudi Arabia;
- Advising foreign and Saudi owned entities on their business interests within Saudi Arabia;
- Advising multi-nationals on their agency, distribution and franchise arrangements within Saudi Arabia; and
- Advising on the regulatory requirements for healthcare entities within Saudi Arabia in regard to pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
1995 –Legal Practice Course College of Law, College of Law
1992 – LLB Law (Hons), University of Central Lancashire
1999 – Solicitor in England & Wales