Joud Tamimi is a bilingual Trainee Lawyer in the Corporate Structuring department in Jordan office.
During Joud’s training experience, she has drafted and reviewed commercial agreements, assisted in the incorporation of companies in Jordan including advising clients on establishing different types of companies such as; the formation of representative offices and branches of foreign entities.
She has advised foreign companies intending to start their business in Jordan (including establishment and labour requirements, and other implementations).
Joud also assists clients in drafting all related corporate documents and executing corporate commercial transactions before public authorities. She has also been involved in various corporate due diligences.
Joud assists in handling day-to-day corporate activities for variety of corporations. Moreover, she regularly advises on corporate commercial and employment matters, in addition to conducting legal researches and advising on Jordanian laws and regulations.
Joud is also involved in Banking and Finance matters for Jordan and Iraq, such as advising financial institutions on compliance and regulatory matters, including the licensing and registration requirements of offshore offerings into Jordan and Iraq.
- Advising clients on the establishment and registration of limited liabilities companies, private shareholding companies, and branches of foreign companies;
- Drafting corporate documents including memorandum and articles of association, board or shareholders resolutions and related authorizations;
- Advising local companies on their corporate compliance obligations;
- Part of the team acting for the Buyer on the acquisition of two fuel servicing companies in Jordan including the due diligence transaction;
- Part of the team representing the Investor in the acquisition of a minority stake of a Jordanian company, which owns one of the largest Arabic websites, as part of its series B funding.
- Advising leading payment service providers regarding registration and licensing requirements applicable to their offshore offerings;
- Advising on a the transfer of shares of a Free Zone entity;
- Assisted and advising international clients in relation to establishing offshore and free zone companies
- Advising an offshore insurance company licensed in Jordan in connection with compliance requirements to its change of control.
2017 – LLM, University of Leeds
2016 – BA, University of Jordan