James is a Senior Associate in our Regulatory team and has over seven years’ experience focused upon regulatory compliance, investigations and disputes, risk management, crisis management, trade and customs, public policy and advocacy, corporate governance, due diligence, and licensing/permit issues.
He also specialises in health, safety and environmental issues and is health and safety qualified.
James regularly contributed articles to journals, national newspapers and presented to corporates on health and safety topics in the UK prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company.
- Acted on behalf of the largest care home provider in the UK in relation to a fatality at one of their care homes.
- Provided advice to a multinational pharmaceutical operator in relation to the marketing and supply of various drugs in the UK and EU market.
- Provided competition advice to the supplier of medical equipment to various hospitals and care agencies across the United Kingdom and representations to the Competition and Markets Authority, which avoided litigation.
- Acted on behalf of corporates and individuals in connection with alleged fraud, breaches of the Companies Acts
- Provided advice and representation to two nurses who owned/managed care homes who were being investigated by the police on suspicion of having committed offences of neglect or ill treatment
- Provided labelling and food regulation and supply chain advice to a number of businesses across the food and drink sector.
- Provided regulatory advice to a supplier of drone technology to healthcare and engineering sectors.
2008 – Bachelor of Law, Glasgow Caledonian University
2010 – Solicitor, Law Society of Scotland