James is a Senior Associate in our Regulatory team and has over ten years’ experience focused upon regulatory compliance, investigations and disputes, risk management, crisis management, trade and customs, public policy and advocacy, corporate governance, due diligence, and licensing/permit issues.
He also specialises in health, safety and environmental issues and is health and safety qualified.
James regularly contributed articles to journals, national newspapers and presented to corporates on health and safety topics in the UK prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company.
- Provided regulatory advice to a supplier of drone technology to healthcare and engineering sectors.
- Advising a global healthcare operator in relation to bribery and referral payments in the UAE.
- Providing procurement advice across the GCC to a global software company.
- Advising a global electronics products company in relation to a product recall across the GCC.
- Assisting an international steel and mining company in relation to regulatory compliance, internal investigations, sanctions and risk monitoring.
- Advising a global pharmaceuticals operator in relation to importation of products, product labelling and the sale of pharmaceuticals in the UAE.
- Providing advice to a global oil and gas operator in relation to environmental law in Abu Dhabi.
- Providing health and safety advice in the UAE to a global tire manufacturer.
- Providing product liability, food regulation and supply chain advice to a number of businesses in Dubai and across the UAE.
- Acted on behalf of a healthcare operator in the acquisition of a home care services operator in Abu Dhabi.
- Acted on behalf of the largest care home provider in the UK in relation to a fatality at one of their care homes.
- Provided advice to a multinational pharmaceutical operator in relation to the marketing and supply of various drugs in the UK and EU market.
- Provided competition advice to the supplier of medical equipment to various hospitals and care agencies across the United Kingdom and representations to the Competition and Markets Authority, which avoided litigation.
- Acted on behalf of corporates and individuals in connection with alleged fraud, breaches of the Companies Acts
- Provided advice and representation to two nurses who owned/managed care homes who were being investigated by the police on suspicion of having committed offences of neglect or ill treatment
- Provided labelling and food regulation and supply chain advice to a number of businesses across the food and drink sector.
2009 – Diploma in Legal Practice, Glasgow Graduate School of Law
2008 – Bachelor of Law, Glasgow Caledonian University
2010 – Solicitor, Law Society of Scotland