Prior to joining the firm in 2014 Hassane worked as Health and Safety Advisor at the New York University Abu Dhabi department of EHS from August 2010 to June 2013. Prior to that he worked as an investigations officer at the New York University Abu Dhabi department of Public Safety and he was responsible for drafting the department’s regulations, policies and code of practice. Hassane has previously worked at a prominent Egyptian Law Firm from July 2007 to April 2009 were he gained extensive experience in corporate and commercial matters.
Hassane is an experienced practitioner in Intellectual Property matters. His work covers all IP matters from the advising on filings of trademarks, industrial designs and copyrights to the enforcement of IP rights and including but not limited to market survey, investigations, disputes and border measures. Additionally Hassane represents many prominent clients in negotiating with infringers. Hassane has succeeded in initiating and establishing numerous precedents before the Egyptian Trademark Office on various matters.
Hassane’s exceptional skills cover the drafting of various IP related legal documents, the prosecution and enforcement of IP rights and the conducting of negotiations with the infringers. His experience includes all non-contentious and advisory pertaining to IP matters.
- One of the leading practitioners in Egypt that implement the border measures succeeded in seizing many counterfeit shipments.
- Extensive experience with IP prosecution and enforcement in addition to being an investigation expert in the domain of IP rights.
- General legal advice on the legal proceedings and advisory regarding IP protection.
- Represents several prominent clients in the enforcement of their Well-Known trademarks against infringers and illegal use.
- Recognized agent by the Trademark, Copyright and Patent Offices.
- Extensive experience with IP disputes.
- Drafting of memos, oppositions, appeals, notices, undertakings and courts bailiffs.
- Experience in drafting assignment of intellectual property rights and broadcasting agreements.
Ongoing – Master of Intellectual Property and Innovation Management, Helwan University
2006 – LL.B. (licensed en droit), Assuit University
2016 – Recognised Intellectual Property Expert by the National Institute for Intellectual Property
2015 – Certified Intellectual Property Agent
2012 – Certified NEBOSH IGC (National Board in Occupational Safety and Health)
2007 – Egyptian Bar Association