Hassan Al Jarrah is the Head of the Corporate Structuring practice in Abu Dhabi. He trained in the City of London and qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2004. Hassan spent the bulk of his career working with top tier law firms in London, the UAE and Muscat.
Hassan has extensive experience working in a broad range of corporate and commercial matters including structuring and restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, incorporations, joint ventures, corporate governance, commercial agreements, distribution agreements, franchise agreements and general corporate advisory work.
Hassan’s experience includes working on some of the region’s significant and complex transactions that were often subject to multiple jurisdictions, He has acted for a wide range of clients including governments, listed companies, multinational and regional organisations and family businesses.
- One of the world’s largest dairy product manufacturers on the restructuring of its presence in the region that included establishing new onshore UAE and free zone operations, transfer of assets and de-registration of branch offices.
- A leading money exchange business on the restructuring of its presence in seventeen different jurisdictions.
- A German based company in the lighting industry on the restructuring of its business in the UAE (both onshore and in free zones).
- A UAE based F&B business on its acquisition of restaurants located and in the UAE and the UK, and its joint venture with a UK based business.
- A UAE financial institution, on its disposal of its subsidiaries located in seven different jurisdictions.
1998 – LLB Law with French, University of Wolverhampton
1999 – Post graduate diploma in legal practice, University of Law, Guildford
1997 – Diploma in International Mobility, Legal Studies, University of Toulouse
2004 – Solicitor, England & Wales