Christiane is a Lebanese qualified corporate and commercial lawyer and has worked on a variety of matters particularly in relation to acquisitions, concessions (mainly offered by public authorities), licensing, commercial matters including joint ventures, franchise and distribution agreements, service agreements and corporate structuring (including the establishment of funds and trusts). She has assisted clients in negotiating complex cross border transactions with public authorities and private entities and recently in transactions for the provision of ground handling services at international airports and in the drafting of various agreements in relation thereto. She has also assisted in the drafting of Sharia compliant operational agreements and participated to Sharia Boards for Islamic banks. Recently, she has been assisting with and drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements including franchise and distribution agreements, service agreements, MOUs and LOIs and non-disclosure agreements.
- Advising on a variety of commercial matters and drafting and negotiating franchise and distribution agreements in the UAE and GCC for clients operating in various sectors including food and beverage and pharmaceutical distribution.
- Advising on UAE law related matters with respect to the acquisition by a large group of companies based in France of another group of companies having subsidiaries in the UAE, reviewing the share and purchase agreement with respect to the transfer of ownership of the local companies and advising on the transfer process.
- An American based company operating in several countries around the world – Advising on the acquisition of the UAE subsidiaries of a large group of companies having operations around the world, undertaking a complete due diligence exercise on one of the local companies based in Dubai and coordinating the due diligence for another company based in another Emirate, reviewing and commenting on the share and purchase agreement and the Disclosure Schedules from a UAE law perspective.
- Advising on a variety of queries related to fundraising and charitable activities in the UAE and liaising in this respect with the competent authorities including the Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department and the Red Crescent.
- An Abu Dhabi government entity – Advising on the joint venture partnership with a leading company specialized in the field of real estate and industrial projects, for the implementation of a large scale industrial and agricultural project in Egypt and drafting of related agreements.
- A leading UAE government owned company – Advising on various matters related to the business and drafting and reviewing agreements with third parties including compliance agreements and partnership agreements.
2011 – Executive MBA, Ecole Superieure des Affaires (ESA) – ESCP
2005 – Masters in Banking Law and Financial Markets, Saint Joseph University
2001 – Bachelor of Law – Private Law Section, Saint Joseph University
2005 – Beirut Bar Association