- +966 (0)11 4169 666
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Babul Parikh is Al Tamimi’s Head of Country – Saudi Arabia.
A highly experienced corporate / projects lawyer, Babul has been based in Saudi Arabia for over 20 years, having previously been a partner with Baker Botts and White & Case in Riyadh.
His expertise covers a range of areas, including M&A, Private Equity, Projects & Infrastructure, Privatization, Corporate Banking, Commercial Contracts and Joint Ventures.
Babul is listed in The Legal 500 EMEA (Europe and Middle East Area) as a “Leading Individual” for Corporate / M&A.
- Represented Barrick Gold Corporation of Canada on the sale of 50% of its interest in the Jabal Sayid copper mine in Madinah, Saudi Arabia to Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma’aden). This transaction was structured as an asset sale and is a standout transaction in the Saudi market.
- Represented ANB Invest (an investment banking subsidiary of Arab National Bank) on the sale of part of its interest in a crane rental company to Korea Rental Corporation.
- Represented a syndicate of Saudi Arabian and Gulf regional banks on the Islamic (Murabaha) financing of an expansion to a petrochemical plant in Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia owned by Methanol Chemical Company (Chemanol).
- Represented Nestlé Waters in acquisitions over a period of several years of strategic controlling interests in companies engaged in bottled water production, in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar and the UAE.
- Represented a syndicate of Saudi Arabian banks on a limited recourse project financing of the Kingdom Centre, Riyadh.
- Represented Saudi Electricity Company on (i) its PPXI Independent Power Project; and (ii) its Rabigh VI Independent Power Project.
- Represented Saudi Electricity Company on its corporate restructuring and commercialization.
- Represented Magnox (the part of the nuclear industry retained by the UK state) on the privatization and restructuring of the UK nuclear industry.
- Represented Albemarle Corporation of North Carolina, U.S.A., a global specialty chemicals company, on the establishment of its joint venture operation in Saudi Arabia with Saudi Arabian Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC).
- Represented Precision Drilling Corporation of Canada on its oil and gas operations in Saudi Arabia and its dealings with Saudi Aramco.
- Represented Babson College of Massachusetts, U.S.A. on the establishment of a higher education Entrepreneurship College in Saudi Arabia under the Saudi Arabian Economic Offset Program.
1984 – BA (Hons) Economics, University of East Anglia, England
1990 – Solicitor, England & Wales