Ayen Biar is Senior Associate in the Litigation Practice in Abu Dhabi office. She is a licensed advocate and a recognized specialist within the dispute resolution practice. She has key experience as a trusted advisor in commercial and civil litigation, investment, financial and commercial and civil litigation. Experienced in many areas of commercial and business law with primary focus on complex contracts, real estate and financial transactions including, investment funds, mortgage enforcement, financial facilities agreements and property related cases.
Ayen’s recent experience includes advising a leading regional bank in a AED 124,000,000 dispute. She was also actively involved in acting for one of the local investment fund managers in a SAR 250,000,000 arbitration dispute in Bahrain.
Ayen has handled a wide range of contentious disputes in the UAE and Bahrain and has advised on law compliance matters and the application and interpretation of different legal provisions using her extensive legal knowledge and experience in both local and federal laws of the UAE.
Adopts a meticulous approach towards the assessment of complex financial and contractual agreements whilst exercising a detailed understanding of UAE laws and regulations. A strategic negotiator with a measured approach toward risk mitigation, combined with excellent negotiation skills which drive client results.
Prior to joining the firm, she was working with major UAE law firms focusing on all aspects, of Civil and Commercial Litigation and acting mainly for international and local clients. Ayen also has, worked as an in-house legal consultant to a semi governmental entity in Abu Dhabi.
- Acting for and obtaining a favorable judgment for a foreign investor in a AED 25,000,000 compensation claim based on misrepresentation.
- Acting for a local company in a multimillion arbitration dispute before Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation and Arbitration Centre.
- Representing major finance houses in foreclosure cases before Abu Dhabi Courts;
- Acting on behalf of major banks and financial institutions.
- Successfully handling several property claims for termination and an enforcement of SPA’s
1995 – LLB, Al Neelien University
1998 – Sudanese Legal Association