Anna is an Australian qualified lawyer in the Employment Department. She advises international and local clients regarding all aspects of employment law in the UAE including contracts of employment, employee policies and handbooks, employment entitlements and benefits, termination of employment, employee dismissals, settlement agreements, employee claims and disputes, and employment-related immigration and visa issues in the UAE. Anna advises on the UAE Labour Law, Civil Service Law and the employment laws and regulations applicable in the Dubai International Financial Centre and the Abu Dhabi Global Market.
Prior to joining the firm’s Employment Department, Anna spent two years working in the Commercial Advisory team at Al Tamimi and Company and gained valuable experience in contractual drafting and general commercial advisory work in a UAE context. Before moving to the UAE, Anna worked for almost 4 years as In-House Counsel for the Australian Federal Government, specialising in both commercial and employment law matters.
- Advising on employment issues arising in the context of corporate mergers and acquisitions. Recently advised a NYSE listed multinational on the employment aspects of its global acquisition of another multinational cosmetics company.
- Preparing and negotiating employee settlement agreements and advising clients on termination issues and severance payments under UAE law, including in the context of redundancies and organizational restructuring. Recently assisted a global pharmaceutical company to negotiate termination settlements with multiple employees in the context of an organizational restructure.
- Advising on employee benefits including share option schemes and other long term incentive plans. Recently assisted various global banks regarding the implementation of their worldwide incentive plans in the UAE.
- Assisting clients regarding the transfer and secondment of employees between corporate entities. Recently advised a large international power and water company on the transfer of employees between entities in Abu Dhabi and prepared all documentation required in connection with the transfer.
- Preparing employment contracts, employee handbooks and related policies and procedures. Providing ongoing employment support for education providers including a number of prestigious schools in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
2012 – Master of Laws, Australian National University
2010 – Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Australian National University
2009 – Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland
2006 – Bachelor of Arts (Psychology Major), University of Queensland
2010 – Practice in Australia