Qualified in Texas, USA in 2014, Ahsan spent several years working in the corporate team of a firm based in his hometown of Houston, Texas. During this time, he advised on company formations, trademark matters, re-structuring, acquisitions, and negotiation and drafting of various commercial agreements. In addition to his work in the corporate team, he also worked with the insurance and litigation teams of his former firm, assisting with insurance and general business disputes.
Ahsan moved to the UAE to join Al Tamimi and Company in January 2017 and worked with the Construction and Infrastructure Department. As part of the team, he worked on non-contentious matters including tender and project documentation, contract administration, and regulatory advice.
At the end of 2017, Ahsan took up an opportunity in the expanding Corporate Commercial team of Al Tamimi’s Riyadh office. He has been involved in advising regional and international clients in joint venture arrangements, franchise and distribution agreements, management agreements, securities advice, and various other commercial agreements.
- Advising Aster DM Healthcare in relation to the UAE aspects of its listing on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Securities Exchange in India and their subsequent IPO, including complex cross-border restructuring across the GCC.
- Advising a multi-national organization on fundraising activities in KSA.
- Providing KSA law advice to, and reviewing standard form master dealership agreements for, a luxury European car manufacturer.
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing various commercial agreements for a prominent Turkish F&B franchisor.
- Advising a Japanese Electronics Manufacturer on plastic packaging regulations in KSA.
2013 – Juris Doctor (JD), South Texas College of Law
2010 – Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA), University of Texas at San Antonio
2014 – State Bar of Texas