Ahmed Adib is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Commercial practice in Cairo. Ahmed has over 6 years of experience practicing law in Egypt; he has a notable knowledge and experience in different areas of Egyptian laws, including, corporate matters, as well as mergers and acquisitions, capital market transactions and commercial matters.
Ahmed specialises in representing local and international investors in relation to envisaged, direct and indirect, acquisitions of Egyptian legal entities, and capital markets transactions. He also has particular expertise in general corporate matters and setting new business in Egypt.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi Ahmed was an Associate at one of the largest law firm in Egypt and member of its Corporate and M&A practice group for a period of over 3 years.
- Advising EFG Finance Holding and GB Capital in relation to the envisaged acquisition of 75% of the share capital of Tokio Marine Egypt Family Takaful (life insurance company) from Tokio Marine Group.
- Advising HSBC Bank plc, Investec Bank plc and CI Capital Investment Banking S.A.E., the underwriters, in relation to the initial public offering (IPO) of the shares of Tenth of Ramadan for Pharmaceutical Industries and Diagnostic Reagents (Rameda) S.A.E. (Rameda) on the Egyptian Exchange. In addition to undertaking the legal aspects of the IPO process before the Egyptian Authorities.
- Advising Al Tayseer International Hospital S.A.E. in relation to the acquisition of a majority stake of the share capital of Hassab Laboratories for Medical Diagnostics S.A.E. from Hassab Laboratories (a Mauritius SPV owned by SAHAM Group).
- Advising a high net worth client on the acquisition of a majority stake in Al Manara for Investment and Development S.A.E., which is the company owning and managing Merit University (Egyptian private university).
- Advising Egyptian American Enterprise Fund in connection with the acquisition of minority stake in Advanced Education Company (the management company of Nerine Ismail Schools).
- Advising Cairo Investment and Real Estate Development (CIRA) and its major shareholder Social Impact Capital (SIC) in relation to the public offering and listing of CIRA’s shares on the Egyptian Exchange.
- Advising Cairo Investment and Real Estate Development (CIRA) and its major shareholder Social Impact Capital (SIC) on the acquisition of Huxley Holding Limited (an Abraaj affiliate), which had granted convertible loan to SIC, and advising SIC on the acquisition financing obtained from EFG Hermes IB Limited.
- Advising Telecom Egypt on its acquisition (via a subsidiary) of 100% of Middle East & North Africa Submarine Cable Systems (MENA Cables), owned to Orascom Telecommunications Media and Technology.
2011 – Bachelors of Law, Faculty of Law (English Section) Cairo University
2013 – Egyptian Bar Association