Adam Powell is the Head of Corporate Commercial in Ras Al Khaimah. He is also a member of the Sports & Events Management group and sits on the Al Tamimi Law Update editing committee.
Adam is an experienced corporate and commercial contracts. He has expertise structuring, and advising on, a broad spectrum of corporate and commercial transactions including company and business acquisitions, mergers and divestments; investment and shareholder agreements, joint venture and general commercial arrangements and corporate insolvency. Adam has particular experience in the natural resources and hydrocarbons sector and acted as company secretary for a resource exploration UK Public Limited Company for three years.
Adam joined Al Tamimi in 2015 prior to which he had previously worked in private practice in the City of London for over 15 years, including as a partner and head of corporate.
- Seconded to Abu Dhabi Motorsport Management to provide support in relation to commercial contracts for the Formula One™ Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2017.
- Undertaking comprehensive due diligence in relation to the merger of two Free Trade Zones in the UAE.
- Advising in relation to On-Shore, Free Zone and International Companies in the UAE, including regarding incorporations, transfer of ownership, memorandum of association, share rights and directorships.
- Advising Foreign Investors in relation to FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) into the UAE.
- Providing advice to Ras Al Khaimah Government Authorities and Government owned companies in respect of commercial contracts and joint venture arrangements.
- Advising the Private Office of one of the Ras Al Khaimah Ruling family in relation to a reorganisation of assets, joint venture and investment matters.
- Advising on arrangements for investors to EXPO 2020 in Dubai
2020 – Master of Laws (LLM) International Law and Natural Resources, Centre of Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, University of Dundee
1998 – Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (LPC), College of Law, Chester
1997 – Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Law with Environmental Management, University of Central Lancashire
2015 – Registered Legal Consultant with the Government of Dubai Legal Affairs Department
2001 – Solicitor in England & Wales