Al Tamimi & Company is a firm which knows the rail industry extremely well. We are currently involved in the GCC rail project and other rail (and rail related) projects in the region. We advise a broad range of clients at the forefront of the rail industry and understand the history of rail projects in the region and are helping shape its future, from high-speed rail to light-rail, and intelligent transport systems. We routinely advise all stakeholders in the rail sector on:
- Franchise and concession bids and ongoing management;
- Fleet leasing issues;
- Maintenance agreements;
- Rail regulations;
- Health, safety and environmental regulations;
- Track, depot and station access and other rail regulatory issues;
- All aspects of disputes arising out of and in connection with rail projects;
- Employment issues;
- Corporate acquisitions in the rail sector;
- Real estate issues;
- Finance issues; and
- Tax structure issues (where relevant in-jurisdiction).
We work across all legal disciplines, advising on issues from rail infrastructure projects, smart ticketing and intelligent transport systems, to regulatory issues, franchise/concession bids and mobilisations, fleet procurements, modifications and maintenance.
Our expertise in industrial relations can help defuse potential employment related disputes, while our experience in regulatory matters (including domestic and regional rail regulation, competition, and health and safety laws) helps our clients avoid regulatory disputes and manage their risk profile.