Schools • Colleges• Universities • Setting Up • Mergers & Acquisitions • Joint Ventures • Financing • Real Estate • Employment • Construction & Development • Intellectual Property • Dispute Resolution • Legal Services
Education is a key focus for Al Tamimi & Company, which reflects the current growth of the sector in the MENA region. Our education experience is drawn from all of our relevant practice areas, including corporate structuring, employment, corporate commercial, intellectual property, regulatory and dispute resolution.
We advise all kinds of education providers including colleges, universities, training academies, schools and pre-schools, on:
- Setting up of entities onshore and in free zones across the GCC including advising on structuring and restructuring of education-related businesses, nominee agreements, OpCo/PropCo models etc
- Mergers and acquisitions including due diligence, advising on optimal structure for acquiring businesses, seeking regulatory approvals, negotiating and finalising all transaction documents and implementing the restructure and acquisition for companies acquiring education sector assets
- Joint ventures including establishment of joint venture entities onshore and in free zones
- Financing such as raising finance and setting up funds for establishment and expansion of education businesses
- Real estate including, advising generally on land law, development and leasing requirements as well as more specifically on tenant and landlord obligations, assessment of building standards and arrangement of musataha agreements with government entities and developers and student accommodation
- Construction and infrastructure including construction, operation and maintenance of new campuses
- Employment issues including immigration, contracts, review of HR policies and general HR matters
- Intellectual property including copyright assignment, ownership advice and model agreements
- Legislation & policy and operational regulatory compliance, particularly with education authorities and other relevant organisations, including food & drug and customs authorities
- R&D and innovations, patent protection, technology transfer and commercialisation of inventions
- Dispute resolution including litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- General commercial advisory including, advising on consultancy services, management, education transport services and operation and maintenance agreements
- Environmental law and sustainable development issues in relation to acquisition and development of land and environmental planning, licensing and discharge consents.