Regional Corporate Restructuring • Licensing • Regulatory Framework • Company Formation • Company Reorganisation • Corporate Services • Free Zone • Incorporation • Government
Al Tamimi & Company is one of the very few law firms in the Middle East with a dedicated Corporate Structuring practice. Our practice prides itself on having the capability to provide a full-service solution to all clients across the region.
We have advised on a wide variety of corporate structuring and restructuring related projects and specialise in design and implementation of corporate structures. In particular, we design a structure for our client, however complex their goal may be – in a legally compliant manner with their commercial goal in mind, and we assist them with implementation however challenging that implementation may be.
The strength of our team comes not only from our in-depth knowledge of relevant laws and regulations in every jurisdiction in which we have a presence, but also from our awareness of the regional regulatory practices which we have developed by having very close working relationships with regulatory authorities and Ministries in the entire Middle East.
Given changes in the global financial landscape in recent years, our team of lawyers have worked extensively with clients in the area of cross border corporate restructuring and reorganisation.
- Company formation including establishment of branch and representative offices of foreign companies, limited liability companies and free zone entities.
- Group reorganising including restructuring and deregistration of existing entities to achieve maximum management and operational efficiency.
- Advising on restructuring or transactional (e.g. private placement, acquisition) structures including those with a cross-border element, as well as the process of implementation.
- Advising on optimal corporate structure to conduct commercial activities at all stages.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on nominee, shareholder agreements and any other related documents required.
- Advising on corporate laws and regulations including regulatory strategies and compliance.
- Providing government authorities with regulatory advice in connection with the establishment of free zones and drafting implementing regulations to provide the legislative framework for setting up and regulating corporate entities in such free zones.
- Advising government authorities on the regulatory framework to attract foreign direct investment.
- Advising on corporate matters connected with government tendering specifically ideal corporate structure to carry out obligations under the tender.
- Carrying out corporate regulatory due diligence to advise on and ensure corporate compliance in the context of acquisition sales and general house cleaning and documents.
- Providing corporate services to DIFC and Jebel Ali offshore companies, including provision of registered address.