Xavier is a lawyer qualified in Spain, with over 5 years of international tax experience. Prior to joining Al Tamimi, he worked for more than four years at leading Spanish firm Cuatrecasas.
Xavier has advised a wide-range of clients including financial institutions, large multinationals, family offices and local companies in Spain.
Xavier specialises in advising on international tax structuring and tax aspects of cross border M&A and investments, real estate transactions, as well as providing ongoing advice on Corporate Income Tax and VAT consolidated groups.
He has in-depth knowledge and expertise across all taxes including corporate and personal income tax, VAT, withholding taxes and double taxation treaties, in a wide range of industry sectors.
- Implementing and advising VAT for GCC and foreign clients across the region.
- VAT advice to a transportation multinational group based in the Middle East in connection with their international operations.
- Corporate Income Tax advice on construction projects in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.
- Providing advice on VAT implications for financial institutions across the GCC.
- Tax and VAT due diligence, structuring and sale purchase agreement documentation.
- Advising on custom duties in the UAE and Saudi Arabia.
- Providing legal assistance with Corporate and Sales Tax audit in Jordan.
2017 – Postgraduate diploma in International Taxation, ESADE
2014 – LLM, Tax advisory and tax planning, UIC Barcelona
2012 – LLB, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
2013 – Attorney-at-law Barcelona Bar, Spain