Willem is a Partner in the Corporate Commercial group and has over 12 years of transactional and advisory experience working on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious corporate and commercial matters.
Willem’s particular strength is his ability to negotiate and draft complex commercial and transactional agreements and providing strategic advice on all matters related to corporate expansion into the UAE in general and Dubai in particular.
He has worked with a wide range of listed and unlisted clients, both local and international, and his practice area encompasses general commercial agreements, local as well as cross border joint ventures, distribution/agency agreements, full suite franchise agreements, consultancy agreements, business terms and conditions, warehousing and logistics agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, introduction and commission agreements, corporate governance, regulatory compliance and opinion work.
- An Italian food company. Advising on a broad range of commercial matters and franchise arrangements in the UAE and GCC.
- Burberry. Advising on a range of commercial matters in the UAE and GCC.
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Group. Advising on a range of commercial agreements including service agreements and dealership agreements in the UAE and GCC and regulatory advice.
- Harley-Davidson. Advising on various regulatory issues including dealer agreements in the UAE.
- A US headquartered multinational toy company . Advising on a range of commercial arrangements and agreements in the UAE.
2005 – LLB Bachelor of Law Degree, University of South Africa
1996 – B.Com (Law) Bachelor of Commerce Degree, University of Stellenbosch
2005 – Member of the Law Society of the Cape of Good Hope and the Cape Town Bar