Stuart is a UK-qualified Solicitor, having recently joined Al Tamimi & Company to Head the TMT practice. He has nearly 20 years’ experience gained in the Middle East, South East Asia and the United Kingdom, working in both private practice and in-house legal roles.
He has a broad range of TMT expertise gained from working with local and international telecommunications operators, regulators, consultants, start-ups and online ventures, advising on company formations, corporate structuring, mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance. Stuart also advises on general IT, data protection and privacy, cybersecurity, cloud computing, and other areas relating to digital transformation, e.g. Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine to Machine Learning (M2M), the Internet of Things (IoT) and Block Chain.
Stuart is heavily involved in various initiatives related to supporting start-up and scale-up TMT companies and SMEs in the region. He is a Fellow of the RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce) and a core member of Al Tamimi’s Healthcare Sector group.
- A UK ‘AIM’ listed ‘investing’ company on repositioning itself to invest in technology, internet, media and entertainment in Asia. Assisting with identifying target investments, due diligence, fundraising, regulatory and compliance.
- An Asian SVOD service, scaling-up from its base in Malaysia into emerging markets. Advising on the establishment of a joint venture with a Gulf mobile network operator; advising on content acquisition, fundraising and tech infrastructure.
- A Gulf telecommunications operator, rapidly expanding from its home market into 17 new geographies; advising on a variety of corporate and commercial transactions.
- A digital / new business unit of a Gulf telecommunications operator, on a variety of corporate and commercial transactions across its footprint in areas ancillary to telecommunications, including media & entertainment, financial services / m-payments, e-commerce, big data, cloud services, instant messaging, corporate venturing, start-up incubation and acceleration.
- A Gulf Regulator on the digital transformation and on the laws required to digitalise the incorporation of companies online.
- Advising on the establishment of various e-commerce companies in Asia.
1997 – Legal Practice Course, University of Bristol
1996 – Diploma in Law, University of Bristol
1998 – Solicitor, England & Wales