Ruksana is a Senior Associate within Al Tamimi & Company’s Corporate and Commercial Department.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi in Dubai, Ruksana worked in the UK for over 10 years specialising in Private Client matters. She was a Senior Associate in the Sheffield office of Irwin Mitchell Solicitors LLP.
Ruksana’s experience includes advising on inheritance matters, succession planning, trust structures, probate issues, intestacy rules, UK tax advice and Court of Protection matters. She is experienced in drafting Wills, trusts deeds, powers of attorney, oaths for executors and administrators, affidavits, deeds of variation and relevant UK Court documents.
Clients Ruksana has advised include Financial Institutions, Government entities, Charities and local companies in the UK.
In the UAE, Ruksana is an active member of the DIFC Wills and Probate Registry working group, as well as a legal Will practitioner on the DIFC Wills Draftsman Register. She has assisted the DIFC Legislative Committee on proposed amendments to specific DIFC Laws.
- Advising and attending clients in all aspects of DIFC Wills, Probate, Trusts and Tax Planning.
- Drafting Wills and Trusts to clients requirements.
- Advising ultra high net worth individuals and families on succession planning.
- In particular, advising a British billionaire on Shariah inheritance implications to his Dubai estate and assisting him in successfully executing and registering a Will based on common law principles with the DIFC Wills and Probate Registry.
- Dealing with foreign assets.
2005 – Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Huddersfield
2004 – Bachelor of Laws Degree, University of Huddersfield
2007 – Roll on the Solicitors, England & Wales