Roberto Lusardi is a Senior Associate in the Technology, Media & Telecommunications practice in Qatar.
Roberto specialises in network, channel and/or content distribution transactions but has experience in many aspects of Technology, Media & Telecommunications work. He also has particular expertise in technology transactions (procurement, system/solution implementation and software licensing), advertising and sponsorship, digital media and telecommunications.
In addition, Roberto has experience in corporate and commercial (mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures and franchising) and banking/finance transactions.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi Roberto was Senior Legal Counsel at a major media group and previous to that was Senior Associate at a global law firm.
- beIN Sports Network: Assisting and advising on the reorganisation of beIN Sports (formerly Al Jazeera Sports network/channels) as a separate corporate group. Work included initial due diligence and review of assets and contracts for transfer, establishment of various group companies, preparation of relevant sale and transfer agreements, review and drafting of satellite lease, broadcasting, sponsorship and related contracts, preparation of corporate/constitutional documentation and completion of asset/contract transfers and related obligations.
- A GCC based multimedia conglomerate: Responsibility for all general media legal matters, both contractual and advisory, as well as assisting with corporate/commercial matters. Such work included negotiation, drafting and/or review of various agreements and transactions in respect of, without limitation, carriage agreements, network connectivity/distribution, digital advertising, software licensing, satellite leases and content production/acquisition.
- Mshereib Projects: Advising on and drafting of an agreement for the installation and operation of a fibre optic network throughout the mixed-use (residential, office and entertainment) infrastructure project known as “Doha Downtown”.
- Energy City Qatar: Providing advice in connection with the establishment, operation and transfer of a fibre optic network, the lease agreement for a proposed data centre and related matters in respect of a proposed new multi-use development at Lusail, including negotiation, contractual drafting and review of certain telecommunications regulatory issues.
- Ericsson South Africa: Advising on and drafting the frame contract and related documentation for the supply of all equipment and services in respect of the mobile telecommunications networks for Mobile Telephone Networks’ (MTN) African operations.
1998 – Higher Diploma-Company Law, University of the Witwatersrand
1992 – LLB, University of the Witwatersrand
1990 – BA, University of the Witwatersrand
2012 – Solicitor, Senior Courts of England & Wales
1994 – Attorney, High Court of South Africa