Renata is a British national, having joined Al Tamimi & Company in August 2012. She has extensive experience in the area of banking and finance, having acted for registered banks, finance companies, corporate borrowers, accountancy firms and other intermediaries. Renata has been involved in a number of cross border financings and restructurings, primarily acting as the lenders’ counsel.
Since joining Al Tamimi & Company, Renata has been involved in all areas of the banking and finance department, with a focus on transactional matters, drafting product documentation and advisory matters in relation to new legislation.
Her areas of expertise include:
- Bi-lateral and syndicated lending transactions, particularly in the Hotels & Leisure sector
- Asset based financing
- Security documents and structures
- Product documentation (Islamic and conventional)
- Restructuring and insolvency-related advice
- Acting for a borrower on an AED 1.25 billion syndicated finance facility provided to a real estate developer in connection with three hotels and a mall in Ras Al Khaimah.
- Advising various financiers in relation to the implications for their products and operations of recent UAE legislation concerning security and bankruptcy.
- Acting for the borrower in respect of a USD $600 million syndicated facility required in connection with the borrower’s acquisition of shares in a Dubai-based target company.
- Acting as UAE counsel to the financiers on a USD 300 million development finance facility, comprising both conventional and Islamic tranches, for two hotel and apartment developments in Dubai.
- Advising the financier on an AED 400 million murabaha facility to a Government Authority in Dubai.
2007 – Training Contract, Squire Sanders UK LLP
2005 – Legal Practice Course, College of Law
2004 – Graduate Diploma in Law, College of Law
2003 – BSc (Hons) International Business and Modern Languages, University of Aston
2007– The Law Society