Rachel Hill is an Associate in the Employment practice in Dubai.
Rachel has experience with various forms of dispute resolution ranging from arbitrations to court proceedings, involving a wide variety of matters such as construction and infrastructure disputes, property and real estate disputes. Her experience includes advising clients in complex contentious contractual issues, reviewing contractual documentation, preparing witness statements and liaising with expert witnesses in commercial disputes. She has also advised in debt recovery matters and on the process of local UAE litigation.
At Al Tamimi, Rachel specialises in various labour disputes and is the first port of call when an employment matter turns litigious. She also advises on regional onshore and offshore employment matters on a variety of issues including arbitrary dismissal, end of service entitlements, commissions as well as breaches of non-compete and confidentiality obligations.
Her clients include multinationals, local companies and organisations, government entities, financial institutions and other law firms.
- Fairmont Hotels: Representation before the Dubai courts in respect of unfair dismissal
- Microsoft Corporation: Representation before the Dubai Courts on multiple claims brought by employees following a redundancy exercise
- ME Global: Representation before the Dubai courts in respect of various disputed end of service entitlements
- Thomson Reuters: Representation before the Dubai Court in respect of unfair dismissal
- Oracle Systems LTD: Representation before the Dubai Courts in respect of complex commission claims
- British Sign Language
2007 – Training, McCartan Turkington Breen
2005 – Legal Practice Course, The College of Law
2001 – LLB Law, De Montfort University
2009 – Solicitor in England & Wales