Peter Bowring is a Senior Counsel in the Real Estate practice. Peter is also a member of the Hotel and Leisure Sector.
Before joining Al Tamimi & Company, Peter worked in-house in both a public and private developer and in a boutique real estate focused investment bank. Prior to that, Peter was a finance and corporate Partner in the Dubai office of International law firm Trowers & Hamlins LLP. Prior to joining Trowers as a Partner, Peter was a Counsel in the projects group at leading US law firm King & Spalding in London and prior to that worked for prestigious magic circle law firm Allen & Overy and leading Wall Street firm White & Case.
During the course of the last 20 years, Peter has gained hands-on transactional experience advising many of Fortune 500s leading corporations and financial institutions with time critical commercially astute legal advice implementing best practices in terms of corporate governance, risk management.
His work has included all aspects of real estate including real estate finance, and M&A and all types of project finance. As a result Peter has acquired:
- a commercial understanding of the risks that real estate investors can safely take along with the ability to be flexible and creative in structuring around them
- skills in structuring local law issues to balance risk appetite and risk avoidance
- the ability to work under pressure in fast-paced, time sensitive environments
As well as having executed high profile and innovative deals in the UK, US and Europe, Peter has in depth experience in the GCC and wider MENA region.
- RAK Properties PJSC – advising on HMA with Rotana Hotel Management Corporation for RAK Properties Hotel in Mina Al Arab, RAK.
- Kerten – advising on HMA with Rotana Hotel Management Corporation for RAK Properties Hotel in Mina Al Arab, RAK.
- Mansour Bin Saleh Abu Rayash and Company – advising on appointment of Hilton to manage hotel and serviced apartments under Curio brand, Jeddah.
- Al Mazaya Real Estate FZ – advising on construction of hotel apartments located in Kuwait and appointment of Frasers Hospitality.
- Dar Al Arkan Property Development LLC – advising on acquisition of plot in Business Bay.
- Qatar Industrial Manufacturing Co./Cheval – advising on construction of hotel apartments in Doha, Qatar and appointment of Cheval Hospitality.
- Sale of portfolio of shopping malls –advising on the sale by Souq Extra of its 5 community shopping malls and 2 pipeline development projects in Dubai and Fujairah.
1998 – Legal Practice Course, College of Law
1996 – LL.M, Cambridge University, Wolfson College
1994 – BA (Hons) Jurisprudence, Oxford University, Corpus Christi College
2002 – Madrid Bar Association (Ilustre Colegio deAbogados de Madrid)
2000 – Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England & Wales