Nicola de Sylva is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Commercial practice in Qatar.
Nicola has over 12 years experience working in all areas of corporate commercial law. She has assisted clients in a wide range of commercial contracts including management, service, distribution, franchise, commercial agency, shareholder and joint venture agreements. She is well versed in providing strategic advice on all aspects of commercial law and commercial contracts, and drafting, reviewing and negotiating contract terms.
Nicola also has particular expertise in commercial property law and transactions, such as acquisitions, divestments, project developments (including hotel and shopping centre development) design build and lease agreements, and commercial leasing and has acted on many high profile and complex transactions in the property market and also worked for law firms in the UK, New Zealand and Australia.
Nicola’s clients include Oberoi Hotels, Audi, Samsung, Qatar Exchange; Qatar Financial Authority, Msheireb Properties, Langham Hotels; Microsoft, Starbucks & Apple.
- Providing advice on to Msheireb Properties (a subsidiary of Qatar Foundation) on commercial contracts, hotel operation agreements, leases, and sale and acquisition contracts
- Advising Samsung in relation to a number of ecommerce and telecommunication matters
- Advising Oberoi Hotels in the development of the Oberoi Hotel, Doha and a luxury serviced apartment complex in Lusail
- Advising Qatar Industrial Manufacturing Company on various commercial contract and development and hotel projects
- Advised on recent IPO listing on Qatar Exchange.
1996 – Diploma in Legal Practice Dip (LP), The University of Glasgow
1994 – Bachelor of Laws LLB (Hons), The University of Aberdeen
1996 – Edinburgh, Scotland