Mustafa Ahmed is an Associate in our Banking and Finance practice in Dubai.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company, Mustafa has worked at leading law firms in Pakistan where he was involved with corporate and banking transaction matters. In addition to general transaction experience, Mustafa has experience assisting clients in project finance transactions in the power and infrastructure sectors in the UAE and Pakistan. He has also has experience in dealing with high value Islamic financing transactions.
Mustafa was a Fulbright scholar at the University of Notre Dame Law School where he graduated with high honours.
- Involved with advising lenders in respect of the two independent power projects in Dubai: the 2,400 MW Hassyan Clean Coal Power Project in Dubai, UAE part of the first phase of the coal fired 3,600MW Hassyan Power Project and the 200 MW Solar Photovoltaic IPP in Dubai, UAE as part of the second phase of development of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park.
- Part of the team advising Mashreqbank PSC and Dubai Islamic Bank PJSC in relation to AED 1.2 billion Islamic (Istisna and Forward Ijara) financing for construction of sixteen residential projects in Dubai by a local conglomerate.
- Advising on a diamond securitization program involving the issuance of USD 155 million secured notes, backed by inventories located in 20 countries. Part of the team that provided UAE law advice in connection with securing receivables originating in the UAE and with their sale and transfer on a cross border basis.
- Advising the financier in an AED 220 million facility to a group of developers operating multiple hotel apartments in Dubai and structuring security options over the developer’s assets.
- Acting for local and international financial institutions to develop both Islamic and conventional standard account terms and conditions and lending documents.
2014 – LL.M., University of Notre Dame
2010 – B.A.-LL.B., Lahore University of Management Sciences
Sindh Bar Council, Pakistan