Mohamed Afifi is an Associate in the Corporate Structuring practice in Kuwait office.
Afifi is an ambitious, dedicated and motivated bilingual associate with considerable experience in the State of Kuwait. He has considerable knowledge and expertise in the areas of commercial, companies, agencies, trademarks, civil, procedural, CMA, tax, and labour laws in the State of Kuwait which entitles him to advise local and international clients on their related matters across wide range of corporate sectors.
In the corporate structuring area, Afifi has advised numerous clients on doing business and setting up entities in the State of Kuwait through different structuring routes. In addition, Afifi is an expert in conducting due diligence for transactions, advised the clients on the requirements and procedures of corporate meetings, corporate governance and other corporate concerns, and have solid connections with the concerned ministries’ officials and government authorities,
Furthermore, Afifi has a considerable knowledge and expertise in the areas of commercial and litigation of which allows him to carry out and advise on various relevant matters. In this respect, Afifi has advised on a number of acquisition projects around the region. He further presented and defended many local and international clients in their related commercial and employment cases. In addition, he is assisting his colleagues in litigation team and following up with international clients by updating them with their cases’ statues and liaising with their in-house and business teams for obtaining the necessary documents or information. Moreover, Afifi has been involved in major litigation lawsuits for key international clients before Kuwaiti courts and experts whereby he assisted, advised and represented such client in their related defense.
- Established a number of Kuwaiti SPC and WLL companies in the State of Kuwait through KDIPA fully owned by foreigners including the first branch of a foreign company in the State of Kuwait.
- Advised on a $9 billion transaction of a Major Italian Military Company for the sale of a number of Fighter Aircrafts and Logistic Support.
- Advised and assisted on a $200 million acquisition of a Major Healthcare Company in region.
- Represented, assisted and advised major Japanese Automotive Company in their monetary claim case filed against the client before Kuwaiti courts and experts.
- Represented and assisted a major Italian Construction Company in their monetary claim case before Kuwaiti courts and experts.
2009 – Bachelor of Law LL.B, Alexandria University
2010 – The Egyptian Bar Association