- +962 (0) 6 577 7415 (Jordan)
- +964 (0) 780 029 2929 (Iraq)
- [email protected]
- Amman, Jordan
- Baghdad, Iraq
Khaled is a Partner and Head of the Jordan and Iraq offices of Al Tamimi & Company.
A highly experienced corporate commercial lawyer, Khaled regularly advises on some of the largest transactions in Jordan and Iraq. He practices in capital markets, M&A and due diligence transactions, drafting and reviewing all types of commercial contracts, structuring and restructuring of businesses, as well as advising on regulatory, labour, property, e-commerce and IT related issues.
Khaled’s experience further extends to banking and finance, where he advises Lenders and institutional investors on banking incorporation and regulation, the underwriting and syndication of loans, restructuring of conventional and Islamic debt, debt recovery, and secured commercial lending.
Khaled has a deep understanding of the legal and judiciary systems of Jordan, having acted as special counsel in connection with drafting the laws and amendments to the privatized Telecommunications and Postal sectors.
In addition to his professional experience, Khaled was a commercial law lecturer at the Faculty of Law at AlZaytoonah University – Jordan, as well as being a certified mediator and arbitrator to the Amman Stock Exchange.
He has been recognized as a Leading Lawyer by Chambers & Partners, IFLR and Legal 500.
- Leading on some of the largest Mergers & Acquisition deals in the region including:
- Advising a fast-moving good producer, on the acquisition of a group of companies across the Middle East, including conducting comprehensive due diligences on all group entities;
- Advising an international bank on the sale of its majority stake in a listed bank;
- Advising a multi-national telecommunications company on the acquisition of a telecom group in Iraq.
- Leading on the incorporation and licensing of a branch of an international bank in Iraq.
- Advising on numerous renewable energy projects, including review of EPC Contracts, FIDIC Book, and advising on licensing and registration requirements, in Jordan.
- Advising on the issuance of the first Sukuk in Jordan.
- Advising multinational oil and gas companies on the required permits and licenses for the provision of oil and gas services, including the drilling, completion and testing of certain wells and oil rigs.
- Advising Two Governmental Entities and their Subsidiaries, on due diligence and restructuring of their operations in Jordan.
- Advising local and international banks on syndicated loan facilities, sovereign borrowing, and the related security packages, in connection with some of the larger project financings in Jordan and Iraq.
1996 – Masters Degree (LLM), University of Kent
1995 – Bachelor Degree, University of Jordan
1997 – Jordan Bar Association