Justin Ede is a Senior Associate in the Arbitration practice in Dubai.
Justin has over 30 years’ experience of advising on construction issues, acting predominantly for contractors but also for employers, subcontractors and professional consultants on a broad range of infrastructure, energy and commercial projects. These include disputes relating to roads, pipelines, bridges, tunnels, airports, power stations, railways, dredging, sea defences, numerous industrial plant structures, as well as high value commercial developments. He has acted for parties from over 30 jurisdictions around the world.
Justin specialises in handling complex international arbitrations pursuant to leading institutional rules, including the ICC, LCIA, DIAC, ADCCAC, HKIAC as well as subject to the UNCITRAL rules.
In addition, Justin is experienced in other forms of dispute resolution including litigation, adjudication, expert determination and mini-trials. He also has a track record of success in resolving disputes through mediation.
- Korean contractors in claims for wrongful calling of bond and cross claims for defects in relation to a desalination plant in the UAE – ADCCAC arbitration;
- Korean contractors advising on force majeure and other contractual issues arising on oil projects in Iraq;
- Korean contractors in defending claims from Korean subcontractor in relation to major Dubai infrastructure project in DIAC arbitration proceedings;
- Indian contractors in relation to claims for wrongful termination and for damages, in relation to a contract to provide a sugar plant in Africa; ad hoc arbitration proceedings in Dubai;
- Russian developer of luxury hotel and residences project in Dubai in relation to claims by contractor for loss and expense, prolongation and EOT; DIFC-LCIA arbitration;
- Government-sponsored master developer in Dubai, handling numerous arbitrations before DIAC relating to development projects involving claims by developers;
- Korean contractors, providing advice in relation to incentivisation initiative on gas project in Abu Dhabi;
- Italian contractors in relation to claims for loss and expense, delay and disruption on a major roads and bridges project in Kuwait; ICC proceedings in Paris, drafting pleadings and conducting advocacy at hearings
1975 – LLB (Hons), Cardiff University
1978 – Solicitor in England & Wales