Jongeun (Christina) Lee has led the Korea Group at the firm since 2012 and advises a wide range of Korean companies on contentious and non-contentious matters in the Middle East region.
She previously worked for DLA in New York and Kim & Chang in Seoul. She has experience in the fields of mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, complex cross border transactions, joint ventures, anti-trust matters, and corporate investigations advising multinational clients as well as major Korean companies. Since her arrival in the UAE, she has been advising on dispute resolution matters including litigation, mediation and has been involved in significant negotiations for settlements for major Korean projects. She is currently acting as a special legal advisor to the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Qatar.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea on anti-dumping, countervailing and safeguard measures in the GCC.
- Korean contractors on construction claims, settlement negotiations and litigation in the UAE, Qatar, KSA, Jordan and Oman.
- Korean companies on setting up new establishments in the Middle East on regional structuring strategies, joint venture formation, corporate governance, restructuring, deregistration, liquidation and commercial agreements including the incorporations of SK Holdings, Innocean and Amore Pacific in the UAE.
- Korean trading companies on commercial disputes and litigation in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Korean companies on criminal investigation and prosecution matters in KSA, Iraq and the UAE.
2002 –J.D. (Hons), Benjamin N. Cardozo School of NY
1993 – B.A. International Relations, Seoul National University
2003 – Lawyer in New York U.S.A.