Jeremy Russell is an Associate in the Construction & Infrastructure practice in Dubai.
Jeremy is an experienced construction lawyer specialising in contract negotiations, drafting, contract administration advice and contract claims.
He acts for government entities, employers, contractors and consultants on a range of projects including high rise, residential, mixed-use, hospitality, commercial offices, civil, port and airport.
Jeremy is recognised for providing practical and effective advice and has in-house experience at both government and commercial entities.
Jeremy holds a certificate in Adjudication and was heavily involved in adjudication in Queensland. He regularly provided advice to subcontractors, employers, the building regulator and the Federal Government on payment disputes within the construction industry in Australia.
- ACCIONA and Gülermak on the Consortium Agreement and the design and construct contract for the €2.3 billion Dubai metro extension;
- One of the largest real estate management companies in Dubai on the negotiation, drafting and execution of the main works contract for the construction of a landmark high rise tower on Sheik Zayed Road worth over AED 1.4 billion;
- The developer on pre-tender strategy and issues in relation to the drafting of the main works contract package for a hotel development in Ras Al Khaimah;
- A subcontractor of a port extension in which the subcontract incorporated a range of design elements and the re-allocation of design risk;
- A developer in drafting a consultancy services agreement for pre-contract multi-disciplinary design services and post contract site supervision services on a mixed use development incorporating residential apartments, a hotel and office space worth over AED 16 million;
- An Egyptian investment company on the tender for the lead design agreement for a significant mixed use development.
2014 – Graduate Diploma Legal Practice, Australian National University
2013 – Bachelor of Law, University of Queensland
2013 – Bachelor of Business Management, University of Queensland
2016 – Certificate in Adjudication, Pursuant to Building and Construction Industry Payment Act 2004
2014 – Solicitor, Supreme Court of Queensland, Australia