Haroun advises both private sector clients and high profile government authorities on high-value and complex TMT related contracts, projects and corporate transactions. He has extensive experience in e-commerce, marketing, data protection, cyber security and regulatory issues.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi, Haroun was a Senior Associate in the pre-eminent TMT practice of Gilbert + Tobin in Sydney. During that time he completed a couple of secondments with Telstra (Australia’s leading telecommunications and media company) and subsequently served as Senior Legal Counsel at Hewlett-Packard Enterprise.
Haroun’s in-house experience has given him valuable insight into the challenges faced by TMT businesses and has placed him well to provide commercially sound, strategic and pragmatic advice.
- Advising a luxury European car brand on the Saudi Arabian telecommunications regulatory regime,
- Advising a government entity on a PPP project involving the development of a Smart City, including advising on telecommunications regulatory issues and commercial contracting matters,
- Advising Telstra on various aspects of the AUD $40bn National Broadband Network project, including regulatory matters, commercial contracting, information security issues and management of disputes,
- Supporting a large Middle East bank in the drafting of a suite of IT contracts.
- Advising various multinational and foreign companies on the provision of services to Saudi based organizations / government entities.
2006 – LLB, University of New South Wales
2005 – B Com, University of New South Wales
2006 – Supreme Court of New South Wales