Foutoun is a Partner and head of Al Tamimi’s Bahrain office, and also a member of the Education, Projects, Rail, and Hotels & Leisure sector groups.
Foutoun has extensive experience in a broad range of corporate, commercial and investment matters including mergers and acquisitions, investment funds, corporate restructurings and private equity transactions. During her career Foutoun has represented clients both in private practice and in-house, including banks, family run businesses, and multi-national corporate clients.
Before joining Al Tamimi Foutoun served as the Head of Legal & Compliance (Middle East) for Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance (ME), a 100 FTSE listed company and the UK’s largest general insurer. Foutoun has been practicing law in Bahrain for 14 years.
- Acted on the IPO of a Bahrain-registered investment bank. Work included compiling due-diligence materials, advising bank on local laws and regulations, drafting and reviewing all relevant documents and advising in relation thereto.
- Financial Services Sector, Bahrain: Advised several Bahrain based banks and financial services institutions on domestic and cross-border regulatory issues, including the sale and marketing of financial products and instruments, providing cross-border loan facilities, and enforcing judgments; and on licensing, regulatory and compliance matters.
- RSA (ME) B.S.C.(c), Bahrain: Lead significant corporate restructuring project including conversion of company status, transfer of insurance business portfolio and liquidation of Bahrain branch of UK company.
- Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company (YASREF), KSA: Advised the owners of a refinery start-up on all refinery’s corporate, contractual and project development arrangements.
- Addax Bank B.S.C.(c), Bahrain: Advised on and structured (1) private debt and equity structuring transactions and project finance facilities relating to various projects across a variety of sectors including, energy, food and beverage, real estate, education, hospitality and health care; and (2) several private placement funds, including a US$250,000,000 GCC Real Estate Fund and a US$25,000,000 Middle East Fine Art Fund.
- Maalem Holdings B.S.C.(c), Bahrain: Advised on and structured (1) a GCC-focused private equity transactions in the oil and gas, waste management and food and beverage sectors; and (2) a €20,000,000 food and beverage transaction for the Master Franchise rights throughout the GCC and MENA region to sub-franchise, operate and develop 5 international brands.
- Arab Petroleum Investments Corporation (APICORP), Bahrain: Acted on the sale of APICORP’s equity interest in Bahrain National Gas Company (BANAGAS).
- Tatweer Petroleum B.S.C.(c), Bahrain: Advised on corporate, contractual and project development arrangements, and ongoing operational matters.
- Bahrain Credit Reference Bureau, Bahrain: Acted for financial services company in the establishment and licensing of Bahrain’s first credit reference bureau.
- Siraj Capital, Dubai: Advised a group of GCC investors in a joint venture relating to the franchise and development of a multi-national Swedish retail furniture and home supplies group in Bahrain.
- Arin Gia & Cyes, Bahrain: Advised a Spanish development consortium on establishment of a regional real estate development company, and on a BDOO real estate development project worth US$150 million.
1990 – BA Law, MA Law, University of Cambridge
1987 – BSC Political Science, the American University, Washington, D.C.
1997 – Solicitor in England & Wales
1992 – Bar in England & Wales