Fady Ghanem is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Structuring practice in Dubai. Fady is also a member of the Hotels & Leisure group.
Fady is an experienced Tax and Corporate lawyer. Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company, he spent seven years working at the Ministry of Finance in Lebanon. Fady moved to the UAE in 2008 and gained vast experience in International, GCC and UAE laws and regulations.
Fady’s main practice areas are taxation, corporate & commercial law, companies governance, structuring and restructuring and he specialises in the hospitality and F&B sectors.
His practice covers both the public and private sectors and includes the constitution of various investment structures, as well as drafting and negotiating relevant contracts, by-laws and articles of association, due diligence, shareholder agreements and minutes of General Assemblies and Board of Directors. Fady also drafts legal opinions and has been involved in various negotiations of settlements regarding taxation issues, offering clients an integrated tax strategy plan for their various businesses, properties, real estate investments and corporate structures.
Fady has worked as a collaborator with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation (IFC), in carrying out significant legal investigations and researches for drafting the “Doing Business” annual reports.
- Advising on the general structure and setups of luxury brands businesses like Richard Mille; and Maison BMore (previously known as Bugatti) advising on the new structure and the relation with the suppliers like Roberto Cavalli, Just Cavalli, Iceberg, and Dirk Bikkembergs.
- Advising several hospitality groups including Dogus Group on setting up and restructuring several F&B outlets in the UAE for Dogus Group and their brands like Nusret, Coya, Gunaydin, Ruya, Parle and Zuma and AWJ Investments and their brands like Operation Falafel, Awani and Catch 22 and EATHOS and their brands like Sushi Art, Kababji, Tortilla and Rita’s in addition to several standalone restaurants like: Peyote, Enab and Ayam el Ezz .
- Dream INN Holliday Homes on setting up holiday homes in the UAE.
- Tremix, on restructuring the family business.
- IFA hotels & resorts advising on the general structure and setups of their projects.
2006 – Bachelor of Laws, Lebanese University
2004 – Corporate and Tax Law, Financial Institute Beirut
2008 – Beirut Bar Association