Euan leads the Abu Dhabi office’s construction & infrastructure practice. Euan is admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales and New South Wales has practised in a variety of civil and common law jurisdictions across Europe, the Middle East as well as Asia Pacific (where he was the General Counsel of a global construction and engineering company for 4 years).
Euan has advised different stakeholders on various high value concession agreements, construction contracts, O&M contracts and consultant services agreements in respect of a variety of power, utilities, infrastructure, building and development projects.
Euan also has significant construction claims and contentious construction experience (including in the form of arbitration, court proceedings and mediation/conciliation).
Euan speaks at various construction industry events and regularly publishes topical articles. He is also the secretary of the Abu Dhabi branch of the Lighthouse Club.
- Drafting standard suites of construction contracts and consultant services agreements for two major UAE property developers.
- Drafting and negotiating a guaranteed maximum price design and construction contract for a prestigious and high value mixed use development.
- Drafting and negotiating a long term O&M agreement for a major aluminum extrusion plant.
- Advising an international contractor in respect of a multi-million dollar global claim regarding civil works for a major oil related project.
- Advising the owner in respect of a multi-million dollar claim and counterclaim regarding a ‘state of the art industrial facility in Abu Dhabi.
LL.M (Economic & Law), Erasmus University of Rotterdam
LLB, University of Leicester/National University of Singapore
2008 – New South Wales
2003 – England & Wales