David Bowman is a Senior Associate in the Real Estate practice. David is also a member of our Healthcare and Rail Sector Groups.
David is a Solicitor admitted in England and Wales. He has more than 10 years’ experience acquired with an international law firm in its practices in both the United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom. David joined Al Tamimi in 2011 and is based in our Abu Dhabi office. His experience includes property development, property financing, restructuring of developments, real estate investments, property management, project finance, acquisitions and disposals of commercial premises, property investment funds and commercial leasing.
- Aldar Properties: Advising on numerous residential, educational, retail and mixed use developments projects at Raha Beach, Reem Island and Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, including the sale of plots to sub-developers, the grant of musataha and usufruct rights, conversion of freehold sales to musataha and usufruct structures, resolving issues with liquidators representing insolvent sub-developers, negotiating settlement agreements with defaulting sub-developers and restructuring existing sales documentation. Advising on the leasing of Yas Mall. Advising on public rights of way and the rights of utility providers over master communities. Advising on the transfer of infrastructure assets to public authorities. Advising on compliance and providing training in relation to recent Abu Dhabi property laws.
- Abu Dhabi Department of Municipal Affairs and Transport (DMAT) on the implementation on the implementation of Abu Dhabi property laws (Law No. 3 of 2015 and accompanying regulations).
- Aabar Investments and Aabar Properties: advising on the sale of projects at Rawdhat and Reem Island and provision of advice on the compliance with recent property laws.
- Advising on a real estate joint venture with Aldar Properties in relation to various properties in Abu Dhabi.
- Bloom Properties: Advising on project structuring and sales documentation for mixed use developments at Bloom Gardens and Saadiyat Island, including advice on jointly owned property structures and compliance with the requirements of the new Abu Dhabi property law. Advising on retail and office leasing at Bloom Central and Marina Bloom at Al Bateen.
1998 – Post-Graduate Legal Practice Course, University of Sheffield
1997 – LLB (Hons) Law, University of Leeds
2001 – Solicitor in England & Wales