Clinton Slogrove is an Associate in the Litigation practice in Dubai.
He has experience in bankruptcy and financial services related matters. He has advised in mis-selling disputes with regulatory aspects before the DIFC Courts, Dubai Courts and International Arbitral Tribunals. He also regularly advises in respect of enforcement proceedings and general commercial litigation.
Clinton regularly advises on construction litigation and arbitration disputes. He is also frequently requested to give advice on various aspects of commercial bankruptcy in the United Arab Emirates.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi Clinton spent 5 years at the Durban office of Norton Rose Fulbright. He spent some of his earlier years as a Construction Litigation specialist before branching into Commercial and Insurance litigation.
- Advising Italian architectural firm in multimillion dollar dispute with Dubai Health Authority.
- Advising large international bank in respect of tortuous claims for alleged mis-selling of financial products.
- Advised large American Governmental service provider regarding the enforcement of a foreign judgment in over 7 Gulf States, in particular relating to preventative attachment, potential detention of employees, impact on contract partners and existing contractual arrangements.
- Acting for and advising German vehicle manufacturer in respect of defective liability claims in the United Arab Emirates.
- Advising listed American firm regarding the implications of bankruptcy proceedings of its major shareholder in the United Arab Emirates.
2010 – Bachelor of Laws LLB, University of KwaZulu Natal
2008 – Bachelor of Social Science, University of KwaZulu Natal
2016 – Registered DIFC Part 1 Solicitor
2013 – Attorney of the High Court of South Africa