Arina Gidwani is a dual qualified Associate in the Banking & Finance practice in the DIFC.
Arina has been involved in all areas of banking and finance, ranging from private banking, trade finance, asset based financing, capital markets, structured products and regulatory, with a particular focus on advisory matters. She has advised financial institutions and corporate clients in connection with a wide array of regulatory matters and both cross border and domestic transactions in the UAE, DIFC and KSA. She has also advised financial institutions on security structures and security creation in the UAE, DIFC and KSA and assisted in product development by preparing comprehensive document suites for various banks licensed in the UAE, DIFC and KSA.
- Acting for a borrower in relation to a USD120 million facilities agreement from a syndicate of banks to a leading regional corporate group in the GCC.
- Advising on the structuring and documentation for gold loans in the UAE.
- Acting for the financiers in relation to an AED 1.2 billion Islamic financing for construction of 16 residential projects in the UAE by a leading local group in the UAE .
- Advising a US bank on the sale of its UAE prepaid card business.
- Advising a leading company in payment solutions on a range of regulatory issues in the UAE and KSA.
2010 – Juris Doctor, University of Michigan Law School
2007 – Bachelor of Arts, American University of Sharjah
2013 – Solicitor in England & Wales
2011 – Attorney in the State of New York, United States of America