Andrew Fawcett is a Senior Counsel in the Technology, Media and Telecommunications practice in Abu Dhabi.
Andrew is an IT and telecoms expert with a wealth of experience in advising clients on complex contractual issues and commercial transactions. Being based in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, Andrew frequently interacts with federal government departments and regulators.
Who’s Who Legal: TMT 2017 lists Andrew as an expert for Information Technology in the UAE.
Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Co, Andrew had been a partner in a firm in New Zealand and was recognised as a key individual in the TMT legal practice area of that country. Chambers Asia Pacific 2013 for New Zealand states:
Clients praise him for being “very knowledgeable on telecommunications issues” and paying particularly “good attention to detail.”
Andrew has been a contributing author to various international publications on topics including e-commerce, software protection and media, advertising and entertainment law.
Andrew acts as a judicial officer of the UAE Rugby Federation.
- The Ministry of the Interior on its contractual arrangements for the Smart Monitor, Alert & Control System rollout
- A significant GCC telecommunications industry acquisition.
- A GCC telecommunications regulatory authority in respect of a dispute between telecommunications service providers as to the sharing of duct space in a major mixed-use (residential and commercial) development;
- Advising on legal regulatory issues concerning the interne of things, in particular telematics for connected cars for major automotive manufacturers.
- Advising on legal regulatory issues related to the commissioning of data centres in the MENA region.
1987 – Bachelor of Laws, Victoria University of Wellington
1988 – Wellington