Alyzeh Zahid is an Associate in Al Tamimi & Company’s Corporate & Commercial Department. Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Company, Alyzeh was working at the Karachi office of Orr, Dignam & Co., a historic and leading corporate, commercial law firm in Pakistan.
Alyzeh’s specialisations cover general corporate and commercial advisory work, mergers and acquisitions, competition law matters and projects in the petroleum and energy sector.
She is an advocate of the High Court and Subordinate Courts of Sindh in Pakistan. She is also a member of the Sindh High Court Bar Association, the Sindh Bar Council and the Karachi Bar Association. She is also a member of the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn, London, UK.
She has co-authored several articles on Pakistan law for various publications including most recently the Global Renewable Energy Guide and has prepared various presentations for e.g. A presentation on the ‘Value of Independent Directors’, presented at the Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance Conference 2013.
- Aster DM Healthcare as key member of legal team assisting in relation to its listing on the Bombay Stock Exchange including preparing sections of the prospectus, complex cross-border restructuring components, conducting extensive due diligence and issuing legal opinions.
- Al Zahra Hospital Group – member of the team representing the seller (Gulf Medical Projects Company) on the sale of the Al Zahra Hospital Group in the Northern Emirates of the UAE for USD 572 million.
- Anglo American in relation to sale of Tarmac business in the UAE, Qatar and Oman (transaction value worldwide: GBP 885 million);
- Part of the team advising A major UAE headquartered conglomerate on its potential listing on the Dubai Financial Market.
- Part of the team advising a Dubai based holding and investment company on the IPO of their hotel and leisure division, A Dubai-based leisure company.
- Key member of the team assisting with the sale of one of its businesses by GGICO including advising on the assignment of certain trademarks that had been registered in the name of, or had applications for registration made by, another member of the GGICO group of companies as well as providing for pre-completion corporate restructuring to ensure that subsidiaries based in other jurisdictions were brought into the target’s group and transferred together with the target.
- Alyzeh has also prepared and delivered presentations on corporate commercial matters, DIFC law related matter and UAE Companies Law related matters for various client and firm seminars. She has assisted on the White Paper presented to Dubai Economic Council on mergers and acquisitions and implications of the new UAE Companies Law. She has also assisted in the preparation of a report to senior DIFC officials on streamlining the DIFC Client portal and related matters.
2007 – LLB (Hons), University of Bristol
2009 – LLM Commercial Law, University College of London
2008 – Barrister-at-Law, Lincoln’s Inn
2009 – Karachi Bar Association
2011 – Sindh High Court Bar Association
2011 – Sindh Bar Council